Translation Training and Resource Center «LinguoStar»
of the of Germanic philology department, Sumy State University
Object and purpose of Translation Training and Resource Center «LinguoStar»:
The purposes of the Center are:
- teaching practice-oriented language, especially, translational, proficiency of students, postgraduates, teachers and colleagues of the university and private individuals;
- foreign languages’ support (first of all English and German) of university and other institutions’ activities;
- expansion of international contacts in the sphere of activities of the Center within its competence which is delegated by university administration;
- teaching, skill mastering of different categories of trainees in the sphere of philology.
The tasks of the Center are:
- translational support of conferences, meetings, seminars, business conferences, negotiations, etc.;
- translational support during creation and language track of web-sites, webpages, translation of business correspondence and other information material;
- providing of advisory services concerning translation , translation of scientific and technical, public policy, belles-lettres, business, judicial literature, technological documents and other primary sources of information;
- preparation, organizing and carrying out international language exams (tests) TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, etc; translational support, advisory services and accompanying in preparation of documentation package which are connected with passing these exams (tests);
- organizing of courses of common language training of different levels (skill mastering) by order of organizations, enterprises and private individuals;
- providing of possibility for students and university staff to get additional language specialty in such subjects as English for Science Technology, Business English, etc.;
- teaching of the students of the university French, German, English and Polish as the second foreign language (complementary one to the core language which is learned during studying in the university) by students;
- carrying out extra courses in mastering skills which are set by curriculum for removing phonetic, grammar, stylistic and other knowledge problems of students;
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU
Translation Training and Resource Center «LinguoStar» of Sumy state university,
Rymskogo – Korsakova st., 2, “ET” building, classroom 412 (3rd floor).
Timetable: Monday – Friday from 9.00 till 16.00, Saturday-from 9.00 till 13.00.
For enquiries, call: (0542) 68-78-85 – TLTC “LinguoStar”
(095) 210 72 78 – Zhulavska Olha Olexandrivna, TTRC “LinguoStar”, director.