OF THE DEPARTMENT OF GERMANIC PHILOLOGY
Scientific activity of the department is defined by the research of complex problem:
- ·"Verbalization of concepts: intralingual and interlingual aspects". State registration number 0112U004325, completion period − May 2012 – May 2017 (the latter half of the day). Supervisor − Professor S.O. Shvachko.
- ·"Epidigmatic deviation of nominative and communicative units". USREOU (EDRPOU) identification code 05408289, state registration number 0112U4326, completion period – May 2012 – May 2017 (the latter half of the day). Supervisor − Associate Professor I.K. Kobyakova.
Completed research complex problem:
- "Markers of construction of secondary formations". State registration number 0109U007605, completion period − June 24, 2009 – 2012.
- "Evolutionary trends of quantitative lexises". State registration number 0109U001390, completion period − 2009 – 2011.
The department staff collaborates with colleagues from V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (cooperation agreement with the Department of English Philology is prolonged for 2012-2017) and Zaporizhzhya National University (cooperation agreement with the Department of Theory and Practice of English Translation for 2013–2018).
Economic contractual themes are performed together with students:
- Study of scientific and technical information on the systematization of international documentation standards, its translation from English into Ukrainian, other works, associated with substantiation of scientific-search objectives number 54.18-02.13.SP from 01.08.2013 till 31.07.2015.
- Translation of technical documentation and correspondence into English (German) number 54.18-02.14.SP from 18.03,14 till 31.12.14
- Translation of technical documentation and correspondence into English (German) number 54.18-03.14.SP from 02.09.14 till 31.12.14
- Translation of technical documentation and correspondence into English (German) number 54.18-04.14.SP from 15.09.14 till 31.12.14
- Translation of special technical documentation from English number 54.18-05.14.SP from 23.09.14 till 31.12.14
Conferences in 2018:
VIII Ukrainian Students’ Scientific Conference "Translation Innovations" (15–16 March, 2018)
Conferences in 2015:
- ХІ Ukrainian Scientific-Practical Conference "Methodological Problems of Modern Translation Studies" (13-14 March 2015)
V Ukrainian Students’ Scientific Conference "Translation Innovations" (12–13 March, 2015)
Conferences in 2014:
- IV Ukrainian Students’ Scientific Conference "Translation Innovations" (13-14 March, 2014)
- International Scientific Conference "Methodological problems of Modern Translation Studies" (13–14 March, 2014)
Scientific publications of the Department
- Specialized journal "Philological treatises"
- Conference proceedings
- Linguistic seminars’ materials
Scientific work with students:
In order to discuss, research and solve issues of modern linguistics and translation studies and to improve practical skills of future translators at the Department of Germanic Philology are conducted Linguistic seminars of postgraduates and undergraduates, constantly is updated blog of current events in the scientific life. At the Translation Training and Resource Center LinguoStar are working the students’ scientific groups Office of science, Office of career, Travel office, English courses and the annual competition of students’ translations «Alter Ego» is also held.