Head of the Department of Germanic Philology, SumyStateUniversity, Professor, Candidate of Philology
tel. (0542) 68-78-80, 33-70-35
Room ЕТ – 430
- 1985— graduation from the School of Foreign Languages, Sumy Pedagogical Institute.
PhD thesis: IMPLEMENTATION OF LINGUO - CREATIVE FUNCTION IN ENGLISH JOKES (Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, 2006)
- Professional Career:
- 1985 — Diploma with distinction, Sumy Pedagogical Institute;
- 1985-1989 – interpreter, Kyiv Military College;
- 1989-2003 – teacher, Vilnius Secondary School;
- 2003-2004 - lecturer, Department of Foreign Languages, SumyStateUniversity;
- 2004-2006 — full-time post-graduate student, Department of English Philology, Sumy Pedagogical Institute
- 2006 – defeated PhD thesis at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv;
- 2006 - 2008 - associate professor, the Translation Department, SumyStateUniversity;
- 2000-2007 - Head of the Translation Department, SumyStateUniversity;
- 2008 – present day — Head of the Department of Germanic Philology, SumyStateUniversity ( 2015 professor).
- 2012 — served an internship at the FederalState budget institution of science "Institute of Linguistics of the RussianAcademy of Sciences” and received a confirmation certificate from cognitive linguistics and conceptual researches.
- 2013 —in WroclawUniversity received a certificate of participation II Symposium "Education Culture and Society - Nowadays Challenges http://nowadays.pl which united a lot of scientists from the UK, USA, Germany, Lithuania, Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, Russia and Romania.
- 2014 — served an internship at the University of Amsterdam (University of Amsterdam) and has received a confirmation certificate of Introduction to Communication Science.
- Discourse analysis, text linguistics, theory of intertextuality and interdiscourse, in particular text and discursive peculiarities of English humor.
- Author of more than 200 scientific and methodological works, collective monographs.
- Introduction to Theory of Translation.
- Irynа Kobyakova has supervised 5 PhD theses.
- Ukrainian Association of Cognitive Linguistics and Poetics;
- Ukrainischer Deutschlehrer - und Germanistenverband (UDGV);
- Academic Board of the School of Foreign Philology and Social Communications, SumyStateUniversity;
- Deputy Editor of professional scientific journal, in particular “Filologichni Traktaty” [Philological Tractates] (SumyStateUniversity, Sumy);
- Member of Organizing Committees of the annual Ukrainian and International conferences for faculty held at the School of Foreign Philology and Social Communications, SumyStateUniversity;
- Head of the Annual Scientific Ukrainian Students’ Scientific Conference "Translation Innovations" and the Editor-in-Chief of the compendium of abstracts of the reports presented there.
- Silver Diploma of Open European-Asian Research Analytical Championship in London, 2014;
- Diploma of Sophist of National Research Analytical Championship in London, 2014;
- Bronze Diploma of National Research Analytical Championship of Ukraine, 2015.
- Training future translator/interpreters;
- History of the English Literature,
- Translation studies;
- Translation and interpreting practice;
- English oral and written communication practice.
- Коbyakova, І.К. To study translation: study guide. / І.К. Коbyakova. - Sumy: SumyStateUniversity, 2013. - 159 p. + Fingerboard Ministry of Education and Science
- Коbyakova І.К. Latine language: study guide./О.М. Kobyakov, I. K. Коbyakova. - Sumy: SumyStateUniversity, 2011. - 146 p. + Fingerboard Ministry of Education and Science
- Коbyakova І.К Numeral in English language: study guide./S.О. Scvachko, S.V. Baranova, І.К. Коbyakova. - Sumy: SumyStateUniversity, 2010.-171 p. + Fingerboard Ministry of Education and Science
Main Scientific Works:
- TEACHING TRANSLATION: OBJECTIVES AND METHODS, 2016
- Structural Patterns of Phraseological Units to Denote Personal Character, 2016
- Expressiveness of blurbs: syntactic level, 2015
- THE CATEGORY OF “NOTHING” IN TRANSLATION HERITAGE OF JEAN-FRANÇOIS CHAMPOLION, 2015
- Justice and Law, 2014
- Verbalization of humorous texts
- Kobyakova I.К. Linguo-cognitive Modus of the English Quantitative Words / I.К. Kobyakova // 90th International Research and Practice Conference "Problems of combination of individualization and unification in language systems within modern communicative trends" October 09-14, 2014, London.
- Kobyakova I.К. The metaphysical analogy as a way of predication in the communication units / I.К. Kobyakova // Collection of scientific papers. Social life in the light of philosophical reflection. Ulyanovsk, 14-15 May 2012 / under. Ed. T. N. Brysinoy. - Ulyanovsk: UlGТУ, 2012. - P. 236-240.